PRACTICAL ASSISTANCE WITH THIS WEEK'S PROJECT:
Replace understanding based on memory with understanding based on the seeing of reality.
Get a simple geometry set and...
- Draw an equilateral triangle ABC within a circle, so that the circumference of the circle passes through points A B and C. The base line is AB and the apex is C.
- The letters A, B, and C should be written outside the circumference of the circle.
- Bisect AB at the median point R.
- On AC place an arrow above A pointing to A and an arrow below C pointing to C.
- Place identical arrows on BC. These arrows indicate the direction of flow. Mark the arrow above A on the line AC “DUALITY” and the arrow below C on the line AC “UNITY”.
- Place similar arrows on CR, one below C pointing towards R and one above R pointing towards C. These arrows also indicate the direction of flow.
- On AR to the right of A place two
arrow points facing each other thus: > <. Place similar arrow points
facing each other thus: > < on RB to the left of R.
These arrows indicate the confrontation points which are continuously appearing anywhere and everywhere throughout the plane of reality represented by the line AB. These confrontations are interminable. If A were ever to succeed in defeating and occupying B, B would immediately reappear in another guise at A and the confrontation would resume.
- Under A and outside the circle, write JEW. Under JEW, write RICH. Under RICH, write I. Under I, write ETC.
- Under B, write MOSLEM. Under MOSLEM, write POOR. Under POOR, write OTHER(S). Under OTHER(S), write ETC.
- Above C, and outside the circle, write HUMAN.
Through point C and parallel to AB draw a dotted line.
A & B represent any and all opposites.
C represents the upstream point at which they are reconciled by abandoning A and B. It is both an exit and an entry point.
The dotted line through C and parallel to AB represents the plane of reality occupied by Humans who are, just that, Humans. They have abandoned the identifications which create the AB conflicts or have never descended into that lower world in the first place.
R represents the linear point, within the horizontal field of conflict, where, by abandoning A and B, reconciliation is also achievable. This is unlikely, however, because of the momentum accumulated by the pendulum of conflict. This momentum reinforces the differentiation of A and B.
C = R.
The apparent vacuum within the circle itself is actually full of events, incidents, hostilities, revenge, justifications, memories, points of view, understandings and misunderstandings. Full and expanding. It is a rich compost in which A and B continually find the food and support to nourish their difference. It is like a thistle growing next to a lettuce. Each takes from the same soil what its roots need to keep thistles quite different from lettuces.
PRINT INSTRUCTIONS HERE for drawing diagram.